Sunday, October 23, 2005

ding dong

the wicked witch of the north is dead ... otherwise known as the old garage. Chrissy and i went out this afternoon and dealt the final blows to the old lady. in about 2 hours we had the rest tore down and onto the wood pile and some of the cleanup done. the shack did retaliate a bit against me. in all of the time we spent out there the other weekend, i didn't step on a single nail. tonight, i didn't step on 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 nails. 2 of them were just roofing nails ... but the other 2 were 16 penny framing nails which both hit the bottom of my feet (i know, should have been wearing my work boots). the first of those i was certain had put a hole in me, it sure felt like it. i lucked out, it must have hit a callous or something. anyway, i'm going to look into getting a small dumpster out there for the shingle trash. i think it would just take too long to bag up and send out with the trash.

we did some other cleanup in the house and called it quits. Chrissy wasn't feeling the greatest from a migrane and i was happy to have part of the day off. in the next 2 days we need to prepare for the sanding to begin on Thurs. we need to remove a few last tack strips, move everything out of those rooms (including moving the carpet again), and do a good cleaning to get any debris out of there. we're gonna do a quick scan for missed staples/nails also. i think we've also decided to have the hardwood guys go ahead and stain and finish the floors also. i just don't think we're gonna have the time to do it ourselves. it isn't going to cost much more (about $0.75 /sq. ft.) so we'll let the pros do it. well, i'm off ... looks like the Sox are gonna go up 2-0 ... sweet.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hey Chrissy and Chris,
My mom sent me the link to your blog! First of all, welcome to the blogging world, second of all, welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership! Congrats! You guys are way more ambitious then I am...I'm tired after just reading your blog...I actually think I may go nap! I drove through Indy a few weekends ago and was thinking about you, I wish I would have tried to stop by and see you on my way home. Anyhow...I'm gonna keep snooping on the blog to watch the progress. I'm really excited for you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home